Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pool side


Kaftan: Boohoo old  also love (here)
Bikini: Victoria's Secret (here)
Bag: Roberto Cavali
Flip flops: Payless

Hi guys! I hope you're having a good week. In this post I wanted to show you what I wear to the pool. There is nothing special about the outfit, but I wanted to share it anyways. Summer time is fun, although it can become a nightmare if you don't feel bikini ready. That was my case this year. I'm at the heaviest that I have ever been in my 25 years of life. I'm 125 pounds standing at 4'11". It might not sound like a lot, but if you consider my shortness, it is! According to my enemy the scale I'm overweight (Bummer). 

I started gaining weight at the end of last summer. I was 115 in July, and by October I had gained the ten pounds. I was having the most stressful time of my life trying to juggle between nursing school and work. I stopped working out, I was skipping meals, and eating junk. I didn't have time to think about my weight. Then Spring came alone, and my life was over (puts hands on her head and faints). I haven't done anything to lose weight yet. I think I got comfortable with the way I look now. My mom says as we age your body changes, and maybe this will be my weight till I have kids. I know I can change that, but the question is, do I want to?

Just cause the scale says I'm overweight doesn't mean I have to hide under a rock. I've learn to embrace my new chunkiness and till I'm ready to be a twig again, I will keep rocking my extra meat! So if you're not feeling bikini ready you better start doing something about it, or just be happy with what you have! Rock your assets as well as your flaws. If you want to be skinny, be it, if you want to be chunky, be it, but always do you! Wear your bikini with confidence and walk your imaginary runway. Majority of times people are not looking as hard as we think. In case they are; smile and strike a pose, so they can take a picture lmao.








2 comments:

  1. I think you look great! We are always out own worst critics. Once you decide to change your body you will until then like you said just own it ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you look awesome! Loving your bathing suit. ps what pool is that? I been trying to go to a pool in NJ but I don't really know of any that's not a swim club. lol

    ReplyDelete